Wednesday, March 7, 2012

LoL



 Oh League how do I love thee and loathe thee at the same time.  Now I do think this is a really fun RTS style game ( Real Time Strategy) I have my moment's where I wish to pull out my hair when playing. Normally I do try to play this game with friends in the 5x5 matches, but I also play AI matches and do solo 5 matches. I haven't done any ranked matches since the new season.

The different types of matches consist of 3x3 ( 3 friend against another group of 3 people), 3x3 solo ( where instead of having friends with you, your alone), 5x5  ( can be a complete group of 5 friends or even just 2 competing against another group of varied amounts of friends equaling to 5; can also be within said groups of friends people who know none of the other people), 5x5 solo ( also again instead of having people with you that you'd know your alone). Then there are Ranked version's of all those above mentioned types of matches ( a Ranked match is a match where a score is retained or lost due to winning or losing your match, you play usually against people of like wise scores and the score is called your ELO), also there a few different things that apply to Ranked vs "Normal" matches. Ranked matches you can only have yourself soloing or with a full team.

Next there is something called "Dominion". Dominion was created more recently for players to experience a different form of gameplay, but still trying to retain the idea of pitting 5 players against 5 players. Although the goal of Dominion is a bit different than the "Normal" 5x5 matches, you can still earn somewhat of a score by killing other players in the match. Your main objective within the match is to capture the points and hold them for the duration of the match. You also start Dominion matches differently than "Normal" matches with getting to pick 3 abilities instead of 1 and you also start out with a larger amount of money comparatively.

Next there is AI matches, AI matches are against the different characters within the game, but controlled by Artificial Intelligence. Not to long ago they increased the intelligence of the "Bots" and now they've become a bit less predictable. Also with a wider array of characters it becomes more of an interesting game. I like "AI" matches because you get to try out different scenarios you might normally get to during a "Normal" and also you get to try new characters.

Finally there are Custom Matches, custom matches can be any of the above mentioned matches except for Ranked and a few differences from the "AI" match. The custom's are basically so you can either team up with groups of friends or completely random strangers and not have to follow the set guidelines for the "Normal" matches. For example you can take the basic layout of a 5x5 match and do something called an "ARAM" ( all random all middle) it has a different rule set than a "Normal" 5x5 match.

Well the loathe part just comes from the fact I get competitive when I play and sometimes that can become a small issue( I don't like to get snappy sometimes with the friends I play with, ....it's just I know we can do well and I know my friends can also play well so I want to win!). All in all though this is a fun game and its free so thus something you should be following.



No comments:

Post a Comment